September 20, 2012

A Few Summer Solstice Swatches


Today I'll be headed to Ikea with my husband to buy things for organizing our home - yay! - but of course it's a 3 hour drive. So, enjoy these few Lynnderella Sweet Somethings For a Summer Solstice swatches, okay?
Glass Houses over Essie Masquerade Bell

Glass Houses over Essie Masquerade Belle
This is Glass Houses (1 coat) over 2-3 coats of Essie Masquerade Belle. I got the idea to layer over a darker red vamp from Lauren over at Dizzy Nails. I'm new to orange glitter, okay? But the iridescent glitters in this are amazing. They're the same as Bride of Franken, which I do not own, but they practically glow. You can see it in the photos how they have halos, and these were not taken with flash.

Golden Rules over Illamasqua Nomad

Golden Rules over Illamasqua Nomad
 This is 1 coat of Golden Rules over Illamasqua Nomad. Can I just say that I love the look of gold and minty jade together? I mean I did do some nail art with Nomad and a gold holo, remember? Anyways, Golden Rules is the gold version of ShapeShifter, I'd say (though I don't own ShapeShifter). I'm not really a fan of silver polishes these days, like I'm not a fan of gray; so this gold seemed like a good addition instead of ShapeShifter. Don't you love that large gold holo square on my middle finger?!

Pentimento over Illamasqua Stance

Pentimento over Illamasqua Stance 
 This is 1 coat of Pentimento over Illamasqua Stance... I'm going to need backups of my Illamasqua polishes soon, I use them so often for layering! I keep acquiring them... Anyways, I didn't think Pentimento was that special when I first saw photos of it, but in person I can't live without it (figuratively speaking). It's white glitter with a random mix of different colors, shapes, and sizes of metallic glitter giving an awesome graffiti effect. Very different from Connect the Dots. I love having both and the combinations are endless, really.

When the Moon Was a Star over China Glaze Manhunt


When the Moon Was a Star over China Glaze Manhunt
This is 1 coat of When the Moon Was a Star over China Glaze Manhunt. Word of advice, if you want more shape glitter, shake this up - but you'll get A TON. I mean, I had to remove a few! I had like 2-3 stars and/or moons per nail when I shook it up. Anyways, WtMWaS has a blue tinted base, which really limits the layering options. Manhunt is actually quite perfect for it, though. The application is messy because of the dilemma with too many shape glitters, but the effect is stunning and brilliant.

So there you have it.. Also, don't forget I already posted photos of The Garden of Even. The five polishes total are the only ones I kept, the rest found new homes with friends of mine; now I'm plotting which ones to get from the new Halloween collection! Oh - and don't forget I also posted bottle shots & comparisons of the Summer Solstice collection awhile back. Lynnderella polishes can only be bought through the seller lynnderella-lynnderella on eBay.

1 comment: