January 16, 2013

Nude Mint Gradient!

I like that the title rhymes, haha! So, while I've been settling into the new house I haven't been wearing glitter. I guess I needed a break! This is the second nail art of some kind I've done this month, and I seriously love it.


I used Essie Sand Tropez as the nude base color, and a coat of Seche Vite topcoat so it would dry quickly. Using the sponge method (a foam wedge, used for applying foundation) I painted a stripe of Sand Tropez, then American Apparel Office, and then Illamasqua Nomad - overlapping each stripe a bit. Then I softly sponged it on each nail, barely moving the sponge up and down as I dabbed to blur the lines and blend them in. I had to do two coats of this method to build it to this opacity.




Of course, if you inspect it closely it's not perfect, but because of the soft, blurry nature of this type of gradient it really isn't noticeable. I also want to try this method with a neon polish (which I had originally sought to do but while digging through my Helmers I chose mint instead!)

Have you ever done a gradient before? I hear a lot of people complain that it's difficult, which is funny to me because this is the only nail art I don't fail at!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and "fresh" looking mani! Very beachy, too.

    ReplyDelete