December 11, 2012

ACC Day 9 + 10: Pine and Lights

I did not get photos of just my Day 9: Pine mani, but I did take advantage of it to creat my Day 10: Lights mani! So I will show you them together. For the Pine inspiration, I did a red-tipped french mani on 8 of my nails with a sheer peachy Zoya, and Illamasqua Throb for the tips. On my ring fingers, I used masking tape to create a "tree" shape and used Color Club Ho Ho Holly for the tree, and Illamasqua Throb for the red ornaments, and Illamasqua Swinger for the star on top! I used dotting tools for the ornaments & star. I'm a little disappointed with my "french tips", I don't think my nail shape & length is suitable for french tips, particularly red ones!

For Day 10: Lights, I used a black striping polish to make a string across the other nails (without the Christmas trees on them), and then used dotting tools to make little lights using Illamasqua Smash, Stance, and Throb and Nails Inc Baker Street.


I am very happy with how the lights turned out, and I like how they disguised my crappy french tips! I'm also glad that I could combine two challenges into one mani to save time and also challenge myself to make a cohesive mani using 2 different inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment