December 11, 2012

ACC Day 11: Gifts

Today's mani is for ACC Day 11: Gifts. I had every intention of using polishes that have been gifted to me, to make this a very meaningful and special mani. But the truth is, I did this at about 2am, and couldn't think of who gave me what polishes, or ones that I could put together to make a mani that wouldn't look crazy. So I settled on a base of Illamasqua Swinger, and went to bed. This morning I received a large order of American Apparel polishes and decided to use them for my "gifts"!

I taped little squares (well, 3-sided) on my nails using masking tape, and painted my gifts with American Apparel Poppy, Hunter, and Crescent Heights. I let it dry for a few minutes and then used a striping brush to apply alternating ribbons & bows. I love how this came out!


I think tomorrow's Advent Calendar Challenge (Day 12: Family) will prove to be the hardest yet. I have no idea what I'm doing! Time to start brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment