October 15, 2012

A Bloody Manicure

The blood-drip manicure is something I've always loved to see, but have never attempted myself. I decided it would probably be the perfect time - it's October, so it's not totally "out there" (not that I really care); the base is soft & neutral, which I was thinking of doing a "palette" cleanser anyways; and last, it's just freaking cool!

I simply did a Google image search for "blood drip manicure" and the first photo that I liked, I used as a guideline! I didn't even read the instructions or information on the blog, I just used the image for inspiration for how to do my drips... so imagine how funny it is that I happened to use the same blood-red color as the blogger, Essie Masquerade Belle! Here's the blog post I used by Nail Nerd.



Please excuse the inconsistent skintone, and the smear of red on my middle finger from my topcoat :( For the base I used 1 coat of my Palladio Ridge Filler, and 1 coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu for a soft, sheer effect (my nails are stained yellow so  Iwanted to counteract that, but keep it sheer. I own no sheer pinks!). For the blood drips, I used a set of nail art dotting tools from eBay, and Essie Masquerade Belle. First, I swiped a quick, uneven french tip with the Essie, and then dabbed a huge glob onto a piece of paper. Then I used the dotting tool to dip into that glob, and created a dot, and connected it to the french tip. I filled in here and there to keep it from looking perfect (haha, what a joke!) I'd recommend letting it sit for 5-10 minutes and then apply a non-quickdry topcoat (I used Gelous) and then something like Seche Vite.

Hope you like it!

1 comment: