September 17, 2012

A England: The Gothic Beauties

Lady of Shalott, Tess D'Urbervilles, Ophelia, Jane Eyre

When I saw the first photos of the new A England Gothic Beauties collection, I knew I needed 4 out of the 5, and so I bought them first chance I had! I snagged Lady of Shalott, Tess D'Urbervilles, Ophelia, and Jane Eyre from Llarowe.

Lady of Shalott

Lady of Shalott
 Lady of Shalott is a black base with blue and some violet-pink shimmer in it. In low-light this becomes almost black, but lamplight and direct light bring out the shimmer. This is two coats.

Tess D'Urbervilles

Tess D'Urbervilles
 Tess D'Urbervilles is my favorite, and has the most prominent shimmer in it. I almost think it has more shimmer, and that's why it shows up better. It's also got a black base, and glowy green shimmer. This is 2 coats.

Ophelia

Ophelia
Ophelia has the same black base with purpley-violet shimmer. Like Lady Shallot, the shimmer pretty much disappears in low light, only coming to life with a direct stream of light on the nail. This is 2 coats.

Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre
 Jane Eyre has a maroon and some gold shimmer in the same black base. The same as Ophelia and Lady Shallot, it's only prominent with light shining on it, otherwise it's a softened black. This is 2 coats.

Based on the first photos of this collection, I think we all suspected these would have hidden shimmer. I am happy that Tess D'Urbervilles has more green glow to it, but I wish the others had as much. They are lovely, don't get me wrong; and a nice interesting alternative to black, a special kind of vampy polish. Again, I passed on Dorien Grey because gray is not really my thing, but I am glad I bought these 4 polishes; even with their flaws, I wouldn't have been able to choose just 1 or 2!

**edit to add: I have since stopped being lazy and stepped outside to check out nail wheel swatches of these. In direct sunlight, these are amazing! The shimmer is very visible, and glimmery and almost blinding. They're beautiful. I will try to get sunlight swatches done of these in the near future, hopefully by next week.

Remember, you can buy A Englands from Llarowe, Ninja Polish, and A England (ships free worldwide!)

No comments:

Post a Comment