March 29, 2012

Nail Polish Haul!

Let me preface this by saying, it's been a crappy week. Mooshie has been sick (we assumed it was allergies since he didn't have a fever) with bronchitis & an ear infection! So now we are doing nebulizer treatments and antibiotics, which have been working great. He's acting like his old, happy, playful self. But on top of a sick baby, we had lots of drama at his doctor's office... with his insurance showing as "inactive" then an hour later showing "active" AFTER we missed his appointment because of it. And this morning I woke up with a seriously sore throat.. and my wedding is Sunday. And it's supposed to rain. So I'm praying that things just work out...

Now back to the point! I had my nails done today, and after a relaxing pedi I figured I'd do some hauling.
The FingerPaints flakies I bought for my friend!
Revlon Carbonite, Pineapple Fizz, Grape Fizz, Watermelon Fizz, Colada Fizz

The Revlons were so cheap at Big Lots. Carbonite was $1.50, and the rest were in 2-packs for $2, so $1 each! I didn't really like Pineapple Fizz but it came with Grape Fizz, so I figured I could deal with it :P
OPI Absolutely Alice, Pirouette My Whistle, My Pointe Exactly, DS Temptation
I received Absolutely Alice from a blog sale (for an awesome price) which I could not believe! Such good luck.. the others I bought at JCPenney. I don't love Temptation as much when I swatched it, it's not as awesome as in the bottle. Maybe over an opaque base color.
NerdLacquer Event Horizon
I came home to my NerdLacquer package - Event Horizon! I almost missed the last sale, and this was the only one I wanted that was still available, so I snatched it up! It is so much more beautiful in person than I thought it'd be.
China Glaze Prism & Liquid Crystal
I keep getting these two confused.. One is blue and flashes purple, the other is just purple. But it's the same shade of purple, and I'm not sure I need both of these - I'll probably return the non-duochrome one. But they are seriously awesome.

And as a bonus, here's my nails after I had them gel-ified today... of course, 3 of my nails broke yesterday. I had been hoping to get gel nails while they were a decent length, but no such luck:
Gel Nails with light pink clear coat (to hide yellow)
I plan on using China Glaze For Audrey over it for my wedding day, as my "something blue" since it's that classic Tiffany-blue. For my pedicure I brought OPI Ski Teal We Drop, since I think it's my favorite :)

That's it for now! After the wedding, next week we are going to Savannah, GA for our honeymoon.. there's an Urban Outfitters AND an Ulta there, I will have to check them both for some awesome finds. and maybe have the balls to go dusty-hunting. Also, there's a NBer in town so I'm going to try to go meet up with her in-person! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment