December 29, 2011

Wedding To-Do List Update

Well, time to check in on my wedding to-do list and what I've accomplished (or not!)


NOVEMBER - DECEMBER:
  • Choose Ceremony Music
  • Create Reception playlist - delegated to Nathan!
  • Try on dresses / choose dress
  • Research cake/cupcakes, decide on baker
  • Order invitations
  • Book rehearsal dinner space
  • Decide on favors
  • Start ordering decorations
  • Do hair & makeup trials
Almost everything taken care of! If you remember, I actually ordered my invitations in October, so last week my stepmom and I addressed them & assembled them. I'm waiting to receive the postage (ordered online) so I can stamp them and send them in the New Year!

As for the music, I pretty much have it narrowed down as far as what I want to walk down the aisle to, just need to sort out how easy it will be to edit the song. The rest of the music for the ceremony & reception are up to Nathan. He's in charge of creating playlists, and finding/setting up equipment to use at the venue! We also subscribed to Spottify, it's an awesome music service that's about $10 a month for unlimited access to music; like Itunes but you pay monthly, not by song or album.

I bought a dress! Last night, actually. I went back to David's Bridal yesterday, the an hour & a half away (what a terrible trip, I got lost in the big city, by myself, and was crying because I didn't have anywhere to park to figure out where I was! OMG long story). After spending 2 hours, trying on who knows how many dresses, as I'm walking out the door I see the dress that was my favorite, and the cheapest, which the consultant said they didn't have in-store! So I rushed back and tried it on (in my regular bra, since she'd already cleaned out my dressing room) and decided that was it! I ordered it from their site last night, and it should be here next week. Now let's hope it fits... Oh, and it's THIS DRESS.

The favors are decided on; I'm doing the mustache & lips chocolate lollipops. As for decorations, here's a list of what I've ordered (some received, some still on their way!),purchased and/or DIYed so far:
  • Lips & mustache candy molds
  • Burlap (to DIY ring bearer pillow)
  • 30 assorted milk glass vases
  • Galvanized tub for favors
  • Favor tags (actually VistaPrint business cards)
  • Flower girl pomanders (DIYed)
  • Ribbon flowers (DIYed)
  • Banner wood cut-out for cake topper
  • Flower girl tutu (one down, one to go! DIYed)
Though the list of things to be done grows daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment