May 20, 2013

Random Bottle Comparisons

Today I want to share a few photos of bottle comparisons I took. I happened to have most of these polishes sitting out on my desk - yes, it was very cluttered! And noticed a lot of similarities. Hopefully this will help anyone who is looking for potential dupes. All of these photos are very color accurate.

Illamasqua Lament vs. Cult Nails Scandalous vs. American Apparel Sunset Blvd
As you can see, Lament is the most pink. Scandalous is very jelly, a tad lighter and more orange.

Illamasqua Monogamous vs. OPI My Very First Knockwurst vs. Zoya Pandora
Monogamous is a wax finish and leans yellow; Knockwurst is noticeably pink, and Pandora has a silvery shimmer which is pretty much invis


China Glaze Def Defying vs. Illamasqua Radium vs. American Apparel Crescent Blvd
Def Defying is more green than the other two; Radium has a shimmer that is lost on the nail and still leans more yellow than Crescent B

Illamasqua Cameo vs. Deborah Lippman I Know What Boys Like vs. Illamasqua Force
Cameo is obviously lighter than the others. I Know What Boys Like and Force are dupes, in my opinion.

Illamasqua Rampage vs. American Apparel Hunter
Rampage is darker, jelly, and more yellow-toned than Hunter.

Illamasqua Nomad vs. China Glaze Aquadelic vs. Essie Turquoise and Caicos
These are really much different. Aquadelic is noticeably aqua, T&C is sort of in between, and Nomad is definitely a minty green.

I hope this is helpful to anyone looking for potential dupes!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I've had a latent lemming for Illa Force for ages, but I have I Know What Boys Like - so now I know I don't need Force :D

    ReplyDelete