July 26, 2012

Ulta & Sephora Hauls

Last weekend my husband and I (and a few friends) drove an hour and a half to try to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX. Of course we were 20 minutes late for the movie, so we ended up driving all that way to see it in a regular theatre, like we could've done at home! Anyways.. as we were driving to the restaurant beforehand, I was like "Man, it would be so awesome if there was an Ulta around here!" And then we drove by one. I about flipped out. So my friend and I took the car to Ulta while my husband and his friends got started on their drinks at the restaurant :) Yes, I'm an uber dork who gets excited over Ulta - this one is the closest to me, an hour and a half away! I've only been to Ulta 3 times in my life. *so sad* I only picked up Layla nail polish in Ultra Violet (from the Hologram Effects), and also Benefit Coralista lip gloss!

The next day, the same friend & I drove an hour to go to Sephora - I really wanted to get Illamasqua Smash & Collide, but apparently Smash is not sold in stores. Oh no! I was sad. But I still grabbed Collide, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin, MUFE Mat Velvet in 15 (yes, I'm pale!) and Benefit Coralista blush to (now) match my Coralista lip gloss.
The whole gang!

Top to bottom: UD Sin eyeshadow, Coralista lip gloss, Coralista blush
For some reason, UD Sin looks brown in my top photo. It's not, it's a very pretty and shimmery neutral. I can't think of how to describe the color, besides "my skintone but shimmery" lol! It looks nice in my Urban Decay Build-Your-Own Palette!

 Also, the Coralista lip gloss is so nice, my first high-end lipgloss ever, actually. It smells like apricots, I think? And it is not sticky at all. I haven't used the Coralista blush yet, but it also has a lovely smell (but now I can't remember if they have the same scent!)

Remember when I said a few months ago, I wanted to start transitioning to higher-end, nicer makeup so that I'd actually use it? Well, this is a good start, right? And I'm not trying to act like I'm a good makeup blogger - these posts are few and far between! Nail polish is much easier to take color-accurate photos of, haha!

2 comments:

  1. I <3 Coralista! I am wearing the set today, as a matter of fact! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it! I only wish Benefit made a gloss for Thrrrob, my only other blush from them!

      Delete