February 27, 2012

Wedding Update: February To-Dos

Yes, I know February isn't over yet. But here's what I've accomplished (or not):

FEBRUARY

  • Pay off balance on venue (will be dropping off the check on Wed!)
  • Purchase Event Insurance
  • Book Rehearsal Dinner space
  • Send Bridal Shower Invitations
  • Try on dress again (end of February)
  • Buy Groom & men accessories 
  • Order Groom's and men's attire
  • Order Guestbook poster print
  • Make veil - PENDING
  • Purchase Groom's band
  • Purchase Bridal shoes & jewelry & makeup (in progress)
  • Make seating chart for reception - IN PROGRESS
  • Create cake stands - IN PROGRESS
As you can see, quite a few things are in progress. I have to go drop off the check to pay off the balance on our venue. We purchased our event insurance through EventHelper.com; they were really cheap, too. It was $95 for a $1 Million policy, including liquor liability, and we put the college who owns the venue as additional insured (these were all requirements of our contract, and we had been told insurance runs $200-300, so we got a great deal). All of the reviews I read for the website seemed good and legit, and the wording is correct for what we need.

As for the Rehearsal Dinner... I need to get in touch with my Dad to make plans, since he offered to take care of it. Most of my bridal shower invites have been sent, need to get more stamps from the PO (I'm in charge of addressing & sending them since I had them printed from VistaPrint, to save my MOH some cash).

No, I haven't re-tried on my dress yet.. I'm scared it won't fit. I haven't lost anymore weight, though at least I haven't gained any! I need to be more strict about my diet. Nutella has been ruining my dieting! I also need the weather to cooperate so I can get some exercise. Though now I have my shoes and jewelry for the wedding, so I can try them all on together. I also purchased the Urban Bride kit from Urban Decay (on clearance for $24) so I can use some of that makeup (it comes with Razor Sharp powder, which gets great reviews; full-size Primer Potion, which I didn't need; Flavored Body Powder, which I don't need, Lipgloss, All-Nighter setting spray, which I do need, and I also bought their CIA concealer, which I'm excited about). I still need to go to Sephora to get foundation.

We ordered N's attire at Jos.A. Bank, just a vest and tie and bought him a nice dress shirt (since he has to wear them for work, it's a good investment) but still need pants for him. He's taking his groomsmen to get fitted & order their vests & ties, later this week. I still need to figure out what else they will need (N doesn't want boutonierres, though, he thinks they're not manly. Lol?) and get on N about picking a band! I know he wants something Comfort Fit and Tungsten (since he works with his hands constantly).

I ordered our Guestbook poster print from Etsy (I will share a review once I receive it, or after the wedding). I've also completed a lot of DIYs I didn't list: the Menu sign, Entrance sign, hanging jars, table numbers, cake topper, and gotten started on the cake stands. Those are a pain in the butt, though!

I'm keeping track of my guest list & seating chart at WeddingChannel.com, and I'm very happy with their seating chart, it's easy to do and change around. 

So I guess that's it, for now. I'm in the process of gathering the information I need to get our license and also change my name after the wedding; also figuring out whether to rent chairs or not. Oh, so much to do...!

No comments:

Post a Comment